The Committee is made up of parent volunteers and they are responsible for running the Playgroup. However at Playgroup we also employ a Manager who completes the majority of the administrative work, leaving the Committee free to concentrate on fundraising.
The Chairperson’s role is:
- To ensure the Management Committee functions properly.
- To ensure Ferryfield Playgroup is managed effectively.
- To provide support and supervision for staff.
- To represent Ferryfield Playgroup as a figurehead.
The Treasurer’s role is:
- General financial oversight, funding, fundraising and sales.
- Financial planning and budgeting.
- Financial reporting, banking, book-keeping and record keeping.
- Control of fixed assets and stock.
The Secretary’s role is:
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted.
- Maintaining effective records and administration.
- Upholding the legal requirements of governing documents, charity law, company law etc (where relevant).
- Communication and correspondence.
All Parents / Carers are members of the committee and all parents / extended family members / carers are able to contribute in their own way – building flat pack furniture, taking rubbish to the dump, helping on outings, etc.
All parents and carers of the children attending playgroup are automatically members of Ferryfield Management Committee and are required to attend at least 2 meetings each academic year.